Monday, August 15, 2011

all in a day.... trusting that there is something good that will come... (soon?)

I had a feeling about today. 
I was supposed to be bringing in our last 6 documents to haiti embassy to get legalized to send to Haiti.
I was driving into the city, and just felt DOWN.  VERY DOWN.  Maybe down becuase I knew I had done this all before, that I had been excited, hopeful before.  Maybe down because I know that it doesn't really "mean" anything, these steps.  It is so out of our control.  It is under the control of other people who I may or may not fully trust.  Who may or may not be doing their jobs?  I have no idea.  Over the past years, I've learned maybe to gain some trust in people back, and I worry that this past year has completely demolished that for me.   Anyway, I was very down, very aware of feeling very low and depressed.  But I was doing my job, so I at least was going with it.

Of course I suck at driving in the city, I hate DC's roundabouts and lack of street signage on corners where I woudl like to know what the intersection is!!!!
So I finally found what I thought was an okay place to park near dupont circle and Embassy Row.  Then realized that I had a nice coin collection of only 55 cents to park.  that gave me 27 minutes, so GO.. there I sprint through DC with these damn documents, to the Haiti embassy.  Get there, and I look like i've been to Haiti and back, dripping w/sweat.  How embarrassing. 
So anyway, long story short:  NO, they cannot do the legalizing because I didn't bring to state department first.  last time we had brought everything to state department first, but our agency told us that they had never even SEEN THIS.... and that we DID NOT NEED IT... so I of course didn't DO IT... and now need to.  what a waste of a day.  including that while sprinting,, my cell phone must have popped out of my purse, because I got a call from a building later along Mass. Ave that they had found my cell phone... Ahhhh, I am thankful that it is at least found... Yes, maybe that was my silverlining of the day...
So.... where do we go from here.  well, it is so complicated, that we don't even KNOW. 
Please God, let me trust you, and people, and myself. 
Ryan and I are so at the end of what we are capable of:  currently trying to hold down our jobs, take awesome care of our kids and spend quality time being wonderful parents to them, but also trying to maintain hosue stuff, seriously, paying bills, ryan is filling out forms to refinance the mortgage, I am packing us all up for our camping trip, trying to not neglect things, getting kids ready for school, trying to have meals prepared for everyone, oh, in the middle of this planning a garage sale to make money... it is never ending......  I know I am not the only one with these struggles.  I at least feel confident that I am right now doing my best. I pray that will be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment