Wednesday, May 23, 2012

It has been forever since I posted.  And we wait:) and wait:)
and now we will re-do some things since they have expired.. so we can wait more:)
It is all good though, here is a quick synopsis:

We apparently have "cleared" IBESR and are now waiting to get President Martelly's signature for dispensation (because of biological children).  Then we go back to IBESR to get their final stamp, and then it has to be PUBLISHED.  When we get this published we will get a phone call and should be prepared to make a flight down to Haiti asap.

So this is great news that we have made it initially through IBESR and are now just waiting on the dispensation/printing of that.  IBESR has closed until end of July and are trying to get caught up on all of the backlog that they have, which is very smart.  It sounds like they are trying to do good.  We're glad (and hoping it is in fact true) that we did get through IBESR so far... and are waiting for signature.  We just have to pray and pray that the right thing happens.  That we can be signed off on QUICKLY.  then PRINTED.  Both of those steps have taken for some families over a year.  I don't know why.  I don't think that is the rule.  I think it is the exception.  And I'm praying that that is not us.  My "goal" (should I have learned by now that you don't set goals for Haitian adoptions.... ahhhh.. ) is that we get printed by end of July and have to travel for our next step right away in August, and we can pray that our timeline just goes so smoothly for the rest... and that maybe Verlande with some MIRACLE could be here by Xmas.  I will tel you that is highly unlikely, but at this point, i need to dream that.  More realistically, she may be here next spring.

In the meantime, in making sure we are READY TO TAKE OFF TO AIRPORT as soon as we get the phone call, I had a feeling I hsould check my bin of Haiti paperwork.  Long story short= a good thing.  Our fingerprints are set to expire on July 4th, in order to redo those, we need to redo our homestudy (update it)..  (yes, an update cots $600 apparently) as well as redo: bank forms, medical forms, TB tests for us, social services fingerprinting, fairfax county fingerprinting, (seriously, again it amazes me... do these various fingerprinting departments within our country not have access to each others-- wouldn't the FBI's fingerprint check be the most extensive, but I digress, and will plan to waste days to travel to these various locations to ensure that i have STILL not been arrested)... oh, and now we need driving record again, all sorts of things.. AGAIN....oh, and the lady will come again to check us and our house and make sure we are decent.  So, today I am honestly overwhelmed by this.  This paperwork and the ABSURDITY OVERWHELMS ME.  It does.  Overwhelms me to the point of honestly freezing me.  It's like I have no idea how to get a start on all of this redoing paperwork becuase I'm so frozen thinking how this has all gone.  How hard it has been to help a child.  How wrong it is.  But it is what it is, and I will continue to shuffle along and do all of these silly things.  Because it is for Verlande.  Because she deserves that.  Because in going through some pictures in my bin from paperwork, I found a picture that i cannot get out of my mind.  A pic of Ryan holding Verlande while she has these scared and sad eyes .... I think it was after one of her good cries...and it just reminds me of how much she needs us.  yesterday.

Anyway, this is just an update to say.... we're still waiting... But now working again while we wait:)
Off to paperwork checklists I go again... I don't have enough on my plate, right? 
:)

1 comment: