Saturday, October 13, 2012

I am totally "nesting"....

And yes...
I am totally nesting.

I figure it maybe goes like this... I have been "pregnant" with Verlande for over 24 months now.... hopefully soon to give "birth" to this 8 year old joining our family..... and so since there is typically a period of nesting before a typical birth.. I am allowed to be nesting a few months before she comes home, right??!!  And so it goes.... I am having some wierd instinctual nesting... or maybe just see the light at the end of the tunnel and feel ok in buying a few things for the first time in.... about 2 years!!

And so we have a bunk bed now!  We are so excited.. yes, all of us... to see this bunk bed in Phoebe's room!  We had so many people trying to help us find one on craigs list and we did!  It was great, good price, and Ryan picked it up a week ago!  Phoebe and Forrest had a "sleepover" in the bunk last weekend... and it has been a great week going up to re-kiss Phoebe on the top bunk, climbing the ladder to see her and all of her bears up there... and to look down and see the empty bed... that I can't wait for Verlande to be snoozing in!

And I bought a pillow and sheets and a mattress cover.  And I bought a few clothes for Verlande.. finally knowing that I won't be MAILING them to her.  These clothes will be staying in our HOME! and she will put them on her BODY!

And so the nesting goes further... we went to Harris Teeter grocery shopping as a family.. ok.. we dont' even go to Harris Teeter typically.. too expensive.  But they had some good sales... and then i went CRAZY it seemed.  I bought a baguette.  mushrooms.  greek yogurt.  Ok people, so for me.. this is when I KNOW....I am nesting.... a baguette?  seriously I think that is for people who have extra dollars in their wallet.  for such a luxury item for a dinner or wine and cheese.. seriously,  may be only $2 but if you buy a baguette... you are DOING OK!!  how funny that I have this excitement streaming through my body because of a baguette!

But that is what it has been for these past years... and there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  and I bought a baguette:)

No comments:

Post a Comment