Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Stories over skype

We were lucky this past weekend to skype with Verlande.  She was happy (unlike last time when she wouldn't speak for 20  minutes- story was that she had gotten bad grades and had not done her homework).  It was so wonderful right away to see her smile and hear her laughing- her voice nearly sings- makes my heart sing to hear it!  i feel such hope when we are able to see her happy (and see her in general).

I had told her to try to remember over the week the funniest thing that happened, something that made her laugh.  She told me that she had a story for us and that she wanted "mommy to laugh alot"!!!  I told her I coudl definitely do that!  So, she started making up a story about animals that were at a football (soccer) game.  There was a lion roaring, a giraffe, a panda, all sorts of animals and they were all friends.  Some of the animals she said wanted to play football, but the whole "story" part was that there were some of the animal friends who didn't want to, because they were too hungry.  When she told us that they were too hungry, she put her hand on like her lower chest area and kind of winced with her face.... as if she knew... and sadly, it reminded me.. that she does.  She knows hunger.  And that kind of killed me... and that was her story.  They coudln't play football becuase some of the friends were too hungry.  I was of course happy that she had used her imagination and came up with a story for us, but also it has grabbed my thoughts for the past few days, making me just ache to bring her home sooner.

We have been waiting now for 2 weeks to hear that we are through the "legalization" steps and INTO MOI (ministry of interior).... it could take maybe 2 more weeks, but of course I am waiting for that phone call TODAY!
and kind of (alot) feel my patience dissipating.  But at the same time, I do have complete trust that we are being taken care of FOR SURE.. I KNOW IT.  I FEEL IT.. and that makes me happy.  It is as it should be,   and i feel positive and full of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment